Monday, July 16, 2007

and it's monday!

ok, i tried to post about four times over the weekend since my last post saturday morning, and blogger just refused to let me do a single ding-dong thing, so i took the hint and backed away from the computer.... come monday morning, lo and behold, it's working like a charm. methinks my computer is trying to tell me NOT TO GET ONLINE ON THE WEEKENDS! (ahem)

saturday turned out to be a glorious day - c was tired and cranky from getting up at 0500 sat morning, so m stayed here with her while i took j&d to the pool. we left at about, oh... noon. stayed at the pool till 1600. absolutely delicious. i felt like a kitty sunbathing in a pool of warmth - and since j is old enough to play alone and/or with his friends in the pool, i was able to steal about 2 of those 4 hours to just lie on my chaise lounge, reading a completely stupid, inane magazine which required no brain cell usage, and half-drowsing while i listened to music on my ipod. can you say MOMMY HEAVEN?

then d poked me and asked me in a pseudo-stage-whisper if i'd had lunch. translation - HE was hungry. now, we all had a monstrously huge country breakfast that morning, so i was still full - but d, being a 15-year-old landfill, was hungry. so we all packed up and tootled over to the tasty treat for the second day in a row - and then i realized *I* was hungry. so it was chow-time, with me praying the whole time we wouldn't have an early dinner since i knew m was planning to make shrimp alfredo from scratch.

popped to the grocery store, then home - then realized dinner was being served RIGHT THEN. d, much to his credit, scarfed down a monster plate of alfredo (the wonders of a 15-year-old's metabolism!) while i managed a very respectable plate of it my own self.

so there i am, after dinner, thinking to myself, "i just ate 2 major meals in 2 hours, and i feel completely sluggish - i know! let's go for a walk!" so i asked d if he wanted to come along - he's been expressing an interest in getting more into some cardio stuff like running, walking, whatever. i told him we were going to go 2 loops of the 'hood - 4 miles total - and he shrugged and said, "yeah, easy enough."

about halfway through the first loop, he was half-running to keep up with me, and panting, "i think we'll skip the second loop!" lol. but it felt so good to walk that, after we finished the first loop, i dropped him at the house and went for a second loop at a slow jog. felt DARN good. endorphins, anyone?

made me realize how much exercise is really a vital part of my own life - without regular exercise, i feel sluggish, blah, don't sleep as well. i guess it's because i grew up playing sports - for as long as i can remember, i've been playing some kind of sport or doing something outside like climbing trees..... so my body, i suspect, just depends on that.

so saturday night, i slept like the DEAD, until 0200 when c woke up trilling my name.... la de dah, hooray, hip hip hurrah.....i stumbled on down the hall, and found her at her door in a cowboy bowlegged pose, pointing to her VERY full, VERY icky diaper. bleh. that'll snap you right awake, i tell you! got her changed and soothed back to sleep, and went back to my own bed, and slept till 0830 sunday morning. :oD yay!

sunday was busy-bee day - we were having an early birthday party for d, who will be 15 on the 17th (tomorrow!).... so i had to do a little last-minute straightening up, which admittedly didn't take that long since i'm so anal about keeping the house clean ANYWAY. the party was scoodles of fun - my parents came, as did my mil, and we had BBQ, chips, etc., and just generally hung out and had a good time. d scored over $200 in birthday cashola, and is already spending it like it's going out of style (on ebay - using my account, with the understanding he has to pay me for the final total there ;o) ).

m didn't want him to spend his money on CDs, esp since he has an iPod, but i told m, "look, d is 15, he is old enough to make his own decisions, good or bad, and it is his money after all. let it go. yeah?"

so that was that.

after the party, we all kind of sat around in post-party-stupor, until i decided to - yeah! - clean out c's closet! she has more clothes than *I* do - and she is 28 years younger!! lol. but that's done. cleared out the outgrown stuff for donation.

then i decided to go for another walk. dan passed on it this time - lol - but i towed the dog along with me, and we had a simply terrific brisk walk over 2 miles. would have been longer but a) it was late and b) i was actually a little sore from saturday night's walk/run!!!! which tells me i'm hitting some good spots. :o)

then d and i watched a movie last night. he talked me into watching "jackass 2" which..... well, let me just say.... i felt like a genius after watching THAT crew. i will admit some of their stunts had me rolling, mostly because they seem to have such a fourth-grader-noogie-good-time doing all of them. well, most of them. so that led to some really freaky weird dreams last night, as you can well imagine..... things like riding a rocket over a lake filled with snakes and whatever.

despite the weird dreams, i woke up very refreshed, feeling good, and READY FOR THE WEEK. it is light on meetings, and i am going to do my darn best to KEEP it that way!!!! only one meeting today (hooray!).... and we should find out more about the honda tonight. PRAYING PRAYING PRAYING we get it back today or tomorrow. i am going nuts without a vehicle!

time to get mah re-ah into ge-ah! keep on smiling. :o)

1 comment:

littlemonstercallum said...

I'm loving reading about your weekends. They sound fun, so family orientated and in some way relaxing.Happy Belated birthday to your son.